he's got the fire and the fury



Greggs (Sonja Sohn) & McNulty (Dominic West) are on the lookout for The Wire.

Wahoo, it's another Waits Wednesday! Alliteration is awesome.

MP3 Tom Waits - "Way Down in the Hole" (live)
My 26th birthday is coming up in September, and HBO has already pre-ordered my gift - a brand new episode of my favorite show on tv, The Wire. While the long awaited season one dvd won't be out until October 12, the third season kicks off on September 19, right after I blow out my candles (assuming I get a cake this year). "Way Down in the Hole" is the show's theme song, and this raucous live version comes from the soundtrack to Waits' 1988 concert film Big Time, which needs to come out on dvd.

MP3 Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "The One Who Got Us Out"
The new album from Ted Leo & his band the Pharmacists, entitled Shake The Sheets, leaked last week, and I finally managed to hunt down a few tracks for myself last nite. From what I've heard thus far, it looks like Ted has put together another fantastic, energetic rock record. Be sure to head over to the Lookout Records website, where they have the mastered version of "Me & Mia" available for download as well. The album is due out in stores October 19, and I cannot wait. Ted, you're my American Idol!
| just a string of primary numbers »
| i'm her cadillac, she's my rolls royce »
| do-re-mi innocent aaahhh! »
| and in bars drunk we knew it all »
| sweet on a green-eyed girl »
| like a gull takes to the wind »
| goin' down down down downtown »
| we're on a road to nowhere »
| nothing gets you high anymore »

» Post a Comment