nothing gets you high anymore




As my voyage out to NYC (next week) approaches, my excitement for the July 29 Rocks Off Concert Cruise with RANA is growing each day. A couple days ago, I found out that another great up-and-coming Brooklyn band has been added to the bill, as Sam Champion will be playing an opening set. Now it's more than a show, more than an event - it's gonna be a serious throw down & I can't wait! Tickets are still available online, if you're interested. Here are a couple of Sam Champion tracks from their upcoming debut album, Slow Rewind (linked from the band's official website):

MP3 Sam Champion - "Company Dance"
Sam Champion is made up of Noah Chernin (another NYU alum) on guitar & vocals, RANA's Ryan Thornton on drums, and Jack Dolgen on bass. Noah is definitely channeling Malkmus quite a bit, and the band cites Pavement, Wilco & Neil Young as their primary influences. In other words, they sound a lot like upbeat Silver Jews (circa America Water). Notice the generous use of cowbell at the end...you can never have enough.

MP3 Sam Champion - "It's Getting Late"
According to their website, Sam Champion "tries to uphold the aloof aesthetic of early nineties rock music your older sibling(s) brought home from college." I suppose they do a pretty decent job of upholding that ideal. Yeah, their music may be a lot like a stripped-down version of Pavement, but I freakin' love Pavement - so I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Filed under completely unrelated, check out this feature from ESPN.com's Page 2: The Vengeance Scale. It measures revenge on a scale of 0.0-10, mixing plenty of sports, pop culture, and pro wrestling examples along the way. It's pretty amusing. Thanks go to mr rosen for the solid heads up.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

| screw you, taxpayer! »
| i shall never misuse rex kwon do »
| so romantic, so dramatic, so sheik »
| 'cause i got there too late »
| why can't we look the other way »
| jerry falwell destroyed the earth »
| can you read between my gums? »
| truth is baby, it's a lie-lie-lie-lie »
| "red white & blue...aww yeah" »

Anonymous writing service company @ 3/25/2011 08:12:00 AM:

I think Malkmus simply wanted to call his post-Pavement band the Jicks with no mention of his name, but Matador records resisted the idea and released the new album from SM as Stephen Malkmus    


Anonymous writing service company @ 2/03/2015 01:42:00 AM:

Travelling is always great. It helps us to relax and gives much positive emotions and memories.
First-class writing services.    


Blogger Neal Kafry @ 4/16/2015 04:13:00 AM:

There are many resources that offer their writing servicies! But very few of them provide students with the best quality essays and other written papers! I think that I have already found the perfect custom essay writing center! I wis you good luck!    


Blogger Neal Kafry @ 4/16/2015 04:13:00 AM:

There are many resources that offer their writing servicies! But very few of them provide students with the best quality essays and other written papers! I think that I have already found the perfect custom essay writing center! I wis you good luck!    


Anonymous custom writing @ 5/07/2015 01:00:00 AM:

Choose the best custom essay writing services    


Anonymous buy essay term paper @ 5/08/2015 01:58:00 AM:

make that writing easier, read more here http://supreme-essay.net/    


Anonymous research paper help @ 5/12/2015 03:02:00 AM:

When it comes to essay writing, many of the students have no time to make it. The easier way to solve this problem, it's buy qualitative and affordable papers in professional writing service
.    


Blogger Sarah Hill @ 5/20/2015 06:03:00 AM:

Hello guys!) I am a student and all the troubles I had with executing my college assignments are left behind. With the help of professional writing service my life changed a lot. I want to thank all the writers who helped me with my studying.    


Blogger TomKorn @ 5/27/2015 04:06:00 AM:

I think it is a good information! Thank you for this post! And that is way I want to advice the best writing help! It is online writing help .    


Anonymous happy wheels games @ 6/08/2015 09:24:00 PM:

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field.
pacman
happy wheels
my little pony games
unblocked games
unblockedgames
friv4
kizi4
stunt master hacked
   


Blogger Nina Simone @ 7/14/2015 10:13:00 AM:

My dad said: "If you want to be a successful person avoid laiziness and fear"!And you know, I was doing this last year, and I want to tell you, that these words of my father helped me a lot)Thanks for sharing your post!It is very inspiring! And I have to go. I need to find essay writer, that will
write me an essay ! Because I am working now and I am busy(    


Blogger Marilyn Black @ 7/21/2015 04:28:00 AM:

Hi! Thanks a lot for the information! Though, the best way to be a successful is to use top essay writing. When you don't have free time, it is a good service where you can order professional essay.    


Blogger Agar io @ 9/03/2015 03:14:00 AM:

Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog.
mahjong
agario
minecraft
kizi
hulk games
mickey mouse games
   


Blogger Phoebe Vuong @ 9/04/2015 02:08:00 AM:

Thanks for your post. I admire your work, although you're so busy, you still take time and share us these information :)
happywheels | car game | racing game | game online
   


Anonymous online writing company @ 10/02/2015 01:37:00 AM:

Greetings! Thanks for sharing with us this interesting information. I like different voyages and trips. As you I also like listen to music in my journey. Thanks for your ideas. Please keep it good posting.    


Blogger Erica Thatcher @ 10/19/2015 02:38:00 AM:

It would be a real pleasure to read the story about your visit to Rocks Off Concert Cruise with RANA. If you face any trouble with your essays or other types of college papers, do not search Where can i buy essays online anymore. Check this link!    


Blogger Love KidsTV @ 10/26/2015 01:32:00 AM:

Thanks for your post. Click to play Plants vs Zombies , Solitaire,Tom And Jerry Games, Brain Games, Happy Wheels , Five Nights At Freddy's    


Blogger Love KidsTV @ 10/26/2015 01:32:00 AM:

This comment has been removed by the author.    


Blogger Love KidsTV @ 10/26/2015 01:33:00 AM:

Truyen ngon tinh hay la the loai truyen tinh cam
Truyen teen hay la nhung truyen tinh yeu tuoi teen
Don doc tai trang doc truyen online.
   


Blogger Hieu Nguyen @ 11/09/2015 06:05:00 AM:

When you see the stress in work, life, friv could well be a good site to try. thanks you for sharing
Friv Games, Friv Online, Friv.com, Friv
   


Blogger Emily Walker @ 11/10/2015 12:04:00 PM:

Thank you for sharing. It seems you had a great time super smash flash 2 | play online games | free games | cool math | cool maths games | math game | top unblocked game | happy wheels unblocked
lupus    


Blogger Ha Thu Tran @ 11/18/2015 08:34:00 AM:

Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing
Friv 1
Juegos Friv 3    


Anonymous Friv Games @ 12/08/2015 09:06:00 AM:

Play free Friv games flash online games flash.
Thanks you for sharing
Friv Games | Friv Online    


Anonymous essay writer @ 12/09/2015 03:17:00 AM:

Thanks for sharing your story with us! If you are a student, you can get professional essay writing services at any time you want.    


Anonymous professional writing service @ 12/10/2015 05:44:00 AM:

Greetings! Thanks a lot for taking the time out and sharing with us such a nice information. This songs is really cool. I understand that it was not easy - find MP3 files. Please keep it good posting!    


Blogger Iren @ 12/17/2015 03:04:00 AM:

Thank you very mutch! I like this post and I'm glad that you shared this helpful info with us! http://www.essay-mania.com - skilled experts are at you service 24/7!    


Anonymous Yepi 4 @ 12/29/2015 07:31:00 AM:

You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
Thanks you for sharing!
Friv
Friv Games
Yepi 4
Kizi 4    


Anonymous Papers-Writings.com @ 1/20/2016 02:44:00 AM:

I liked the song of Sam Champion "It's getting late". It touched my soul very deeply perhaps I'll buy a ticket to the concert. Thanks for sharing and keep writing with http://www.papers-writings.com    


Anonymous Friv 10 @ 1/26/2016 07:58:00 AM:

you'd have time to look these kids active. Please visit our website and let us play the game interesting.
Thanks for sharing !
Friv 10
Kizi 10
Yepi 2    


Blogger Tasha Reid @ 2/03/2016 03:39:00 AM:

I recommend everyone cool website advanced-writer.com online essay help .Fast and high-quality team of professionals has fulfilled your task    


Blogger lenacockrell @ 3/03/2016 07:25:00 AM:

Horse Racing: The Secret Of The write my essay Importance Of Carefully Picking The Specific Tracks Youll Play    


Blogger Ann Kelly @ 3/31/2016 01:43:00 AM:

Thank you! I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this site.I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website now !
I like play games. Click to play:
open facebook
facebook login
happy wheels
happy wheels game
earn to die
earn to die game
   


Anonymous Friv5 @ 4/01/2016 12:49:00 AM:

You need to kill time, you'd have time to look these kids active. Refer to our website. Hope you get the most comfort.
Thanks for sharing !
Friv 5
Kizi 1
Yepi 3
   


Blogger caren @ 4/04/2016 01:20:00 AM:

Well, travelling is definately great ;)I always have time for travelling, as I get help with assignmnets at best-custom-essays.com ;)    


Blogger Candy Sim @ 4/19/2016 03:17:00 AM:

Thanks for the best blog.it was very useful for me.keep sharing such idea
s in the future as well.this was actually what i was looking for,and i
am glad to came here
earn to die play
earn to die
earn to die
Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the
earn to die 3
courage to go ahead and give youu a shout out from
earn to die 6 Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell
earn to die 3
you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog
   


Blogger Strike Force Heroes Official @ 4/26/2016 02:47:00 AM:

Thanks for the best blog.it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.this was actually what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here!
earn to die
Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give youu a shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog:
tank trouble
tank trouble

earn to die 1

earn to die 2

earn to die 3

tank trouble 4
tank trouble 3
tank trouble 2    


Blogger Anna Candy @ 5/04/2016 09:02:00 PM:

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I like this information. Keep posting. I like play games. I just want to say : Why you do not click to play :
Open Facebook
| Science Kombat
| Science Kombat Game
I am happy to find this post very useful for me.
   


Blogger Rozersmith @ 5/11/2016 01:43:00 AM:

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. The awriter.org is very helpful in the field of essay.    


Blogger hoa pikey @ 5/19/2016 03:15:00 AM:

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this fiel
A good blog. Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing
Signature:
Red Ball | red ball 2 | Red Ball 3 | Red Ball 4 | duck life
Flash Games| Tank trouble | happy wheels |
Slitherio | Slither io
   


Blogger Ann Lily @ 6/02/2016 09:14:00 AM:

Very great, I think I've found good article. I will see and consult some information in your post. I need it, thanks. Click to play:
Slitherio | Slither io9 | Slither io | Happy Wheels | happywheels
I like play games. Why you do not click to play :
Wingsio | Wings io | Wings io9
   


Blogger Lisa M. Henry @ 6/08/2016 07:49:00 PM:

Here are the simple steps to add an email address to your Hotmail contacts
Hotmail sign in

Hotmail login

Sign in to hotmail

Recover hotmail password

Create hotmail account

Strike Force Heroes is a new game action-packed shooter from the creators of Raze; with 3 game modes, 15 campaign missions and over 65 weapons.
Strike Force Heroes | Strike Force Heroes 2 | Strike Force Heroes 3 | Strike Force Heroes 4

Slitherio | LEARN TO FLY

Tank Trouble is a very interesting flash game about tanks, about war and about destruction
TANK TROUBLE | TANK TROUBLE 2 | TANK TROUBLE 3

Hotmail is known as the first email service in the world which is provided by Microsoft. Similar to Email accounts of Google or Yahoo, Hotmail is provided to users free of charge with easy account creation and high security.
hotmail sign up | log in to hotmail | hotmail review | close hotmail account | create a hotmail account

   


Anonymous essay-experts @ 6/22/2016 05:56:00 AM:

Hire an expert writer and get the best quality custom essay!    


Anonymous Friv100 @ 7/26/2016 07:07:00 AM:

You'd have time to look these kids active. Please visit our website and let us play the games interesting.
Thanks you for sharing !
Friv 100
Friv 8
Friv 2    


Anonymous Malen @ 8/13/2016 03:57:00 AM:

Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
us open 2016 live stream
Tennis Web    


Blogger Николай Безлюдный @ 8/17/2016 05:20:00 AM:

This comment has been removed by the author.    


Blogger Giải Trí Tổng Hợp @ 8/23/2016 01:09:00 AM:

I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. Age Of War 2
Big Farm | Slitherio
Tank Trouble | Happy Wheels
Goodgeme Empire | Slither.io
   


Anonymous GirlsGoGames Dressup @ 8/23/2016 05:38:00 AM:

You want to relax after a stressful working hours. Refer to our website. Hope you get the most comfort.
Thanks for sharing !
GirlsGoGames
Kizi 100
Frvi    


Blogger Dash Geometry @ 9/14/2016 01:10:00 AM:

Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing. Can you play more games at :
watergirl and fireboy
Geometry Dash
   


Blogger Rokki Winchester @ 10/10/2016 08:10:00 AM:

Thanks for making such a cool project. I've been checking the site for the Windows version, but I never left essaylab reviews
a comment about it. I know you are working hard and doing it for free so you shouldn't feel rushed or anything. I hope you can continue this type of hard work to this site in future also. Because this blog is really very informative and it helps me lot.    


Anonymous Obat Tradisional Miom dan Kista @ 10/16/2016 11:54:00 PM:

Sering "Anyang-anyangan?" Bisa Jadi Ini Penyebabnya
Anyang-anyangan Sebabkan Infeksi Saluran Kemih
7 Kiat sederhana atasi anyang-anyangan yang mengganggu
Ini Dia Penyebab Anyang Anyangan Bagi Wanita Dan Pria
9 Cara Menyembuhkan Anyang-anyangan Tanpa Ribet
Bahaya Pria Sering Anyang-Anyangan
   


Blogger Karoline Page @ 11/10/2016 03:18:00 AM:

Being a musician is very interesting job. You always see the sides of the world anyone else doesn't. Moreover, every time you try to create a new song it seems like you have a new adventure. In addition, visit grand-essays writing service if you need quality writing help to complete any paper.    


Blogger Alice Denny @ 11/11/2016 07:59:00 PM:

The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas. Age Of War 2
Big Farm | Slitherio | Tank Trouble
Of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
Happy Wheels | Goodgeme Empire | Slither.io


   


Blogger angelina jolie @ 11/15/2016 12:35:00 AM:

Many thanks for sharing the information in your blog.
Y8Y8Y8    


Blogger 94 hằng @ 12/05/2016 01:45:00 AM:

Thanks I have read your article, it is very interesting and exciting
download go launcher, go launcher apk, go launcher , go launcher androi,
   


Blogger 94 hằng @ 12/05/2016 01:46:00 AM:

Mostly people have all the same things when they are writing academic task or any other writing, especially light music most people like during the writing.
dream league soccer download , dream league soccer apk , download dream league soccer , dream league soccer
   


Blogger 94 hằng @ 12/05/2016 01:46:00 AM:

Mostly people have all the same things when they are writing academic task or any other writing, especially light music most people like during the writing.

subway surf , baixar subway surf, subway surf download , download subway surf

   


Blogger 94 hằng @ 12/05/2016 01:48:00 AM:

You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.

baixar banana kong , banana kong , download banana kong , banana kong download , banana kong , banana kong    


Blogger Malia Obama @ 4/07/2017 07:17:00 PM:

Thanks for the sharing of such information we will pass it on to our readers.
Friv 2
Friv 4
Friv 3    


Blogger Micchals @ 4/24/2017 09:12:00 AM:

The best free online games for you
Friv Games/
Kizi Games    


Blogger Dong Hwa @ 6/05/2017 03:07:00 AM:

Thank you for your interest ! Check out my site! you can play
Kizi 100/
Friv 2017/
Kizi 2017    


Anonymous Elitewritings @ 6/29/2017 08:33:00 AM:

I adore rock concerts cause I'm a real fan! Besides, did you know about elite writing services that can write an essay for you?    


Blogger Love Kpop @ 7/16/2017 09:37:00 PM:

I'm looking for a few bugs in my post. But I think I should have someone look and point out it.
colorswitchplay.com
   


Blogger badmanlive @ 7/26/2017 12:24:00 PM:


May I simply just say what a relief to discover someone that actually knows what they are talking about online. You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.
game guardian apk download
download game guardian apk
   


Blogger Jenliskal @ 7/30/2017 02:11:00 AM:

You need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfortable
Friv 5
Kizi 2
Kizi 10
Kizi 100
Friv 100    


Blogger Himanshu Bansal @ 8/01/2017 12:11:00 PM:


It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.
gods images
god pictures

   


Blogger Priya Gupta @ 8/09/2017 10:37:00 AM:


It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.
Game Guardian App
Game Guardian ios
   


Blogger Priya Gupta @ 8/29/2017 10:43:00 PM:


It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.
Game Guardian
Game Guardian apk

   


Blogger Priya Gupta @ 8/31/2017 11:03:00 AM:


An intriguing discussion is worth comment. To the next! Kind regards!!
Download Fly Gps
Fly Gps download

   


Blogger Priya Gupta @ 9/06/2017 11:33:00 AM:


It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.
My boy
My boy apk

   


Blogger Janvi @ 9/28/2017 07:26:00 PM:

Welcome, your blog is great. It's very interesting and meaningful
Kizi
Kizi 1
Gahe    


» Post a Comment