new digs, y'all


Blogger did a big site update, so of course I was forced to stay up all nite & do a site redesign. Let me know what you think, & don't sugarcoat it. I need feedback, dammit!

MP3 Mike Gunther & the Restless Souls - "Redemption #4"
Here's another one from Mike Gunther, as I am nearly done w/the Gunther/Gogol show review (should finally be up later today w/plenty of pix). It's the lead-off track from his Every Dream That's Dropped And Died LP, and it does a nice job of showing off most of what Mike does well. It's a stompin', screamin', preachin' good time.

MP3 The Constantines - "Thank You For Sending Me An Angel"
Here's Canadian post-punks the Constantines covering the Talking Heads classic, originally off 1978's More Songs About Buildings and Food. This comes from the Nighttime/Anytime cd single, which I was forced to order from Sub Pop once I learned this track existed. The Constantines don't show-up Byrne & Co. (nor do they beat mr durant's RANA version, imo), but it's still fun to hear them go wild on such a great song.
| shoe money tonite! »
| i'm a bordello kind of guy »
| polka never kicked so much ass »
| waitin' on a subway line »
| mark your calendars »
| beantown, here she comes »
| dance to the underground »
| 30 helens agree »
| i know black people »

Anonymous Anonymous @ 5/10/2004 11:25:00 AM:

Cool new layout. Neater and sharper, IMHO. Constantines MP3 is very nice, been trying to find some records by them around here but no luck. The Gunther one's broken tho. :(    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 5/10/2004 11:54:00 AM:

the Gunther link seems to work for me...anybody else having problems?    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 5/10/2004 04:03:00 PM:

don't really like the transparent boxes, a bit too mid-90s. also, don't like that the pictures have gotten smaller- it would be if the right-side column was smaller again, and more room for the text on the left.

otherwise, I like it, very clean. like the picture at the top as well.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 5/10/2004 05:38:00 PM:

I'm also a little annoyed at how the new design is a bit more limiting spacewise. I played around w/the template to try to improve upon it, and will probably continue to do so. Similarly, I may change up some of the design elements (transparent boxes, etc) & make them more my own, but I'll save that for another nite.

The new design does allow me, who is not very skilled at web design, more opportunity to substitute out graphics & cater things more to my own style (ex: those are my scary eyeballs in the new banner).

I'll continue to work on it, & thanks for the honest critique!    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 5/11/2004 02:37:00 AM:

Is that a KG graphic you're using for the link headers over on the right hand side? If so, I like it, but I am a fan.

Agree with previous comments re: the space reduction with the new layout.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 5/11/2004 03:18:00 AM:

my eyes have been removed fromt he banner, with assorted ticket stubs & the big ticket himself taking their rightful place @ the top of the blog. and yes, those are KG icons on the right-hand side...    


» Post a Comment