just a little patience, yyyeeeaaahhh



Just a taste: Ted Leo rocking it out at Mpls' First Avenue, 6/14/05.

While I have plenty of stuff to write about, I've clearly been doing a lousy job getting any of it done. Alas, the last few days weren't fruitful (JRDN suggested I was "decompressing"), so now there's even more to catch up on. Last week's Junior Boys/Caribou show (sans Russian Futurists) still needs a full recap, along with Sunday's Spoon/Stephen Malkmus double feature, not to mention Ted Leo + Rx last nite & Sleater-Kinney tonite. I've still got other TV & movie stuff that I've been meaning to cover, and I still wanna do so despite it being awfully tardy. Later this week (no time tonite), I'll try to start posting more often to gradually get myself back up to speed.

MP3 The Hold Steady - "Modesto is Not That Sweet" (live acoustic)
Since I just saw them back in March, I skipped the 6/6 Hold Steady show at First Avenue (as well as their Grand Old Day appearance on 6/5). However, my MPR-member CD compilation from The Current arrived this week (I'm still waiting for the vinyl), which included this non-album acoustic track from the band's in-studio appearance this past spring. A full studio version of "Modesto" is available on the Crisp Songs Vol. 1 compilation, which can be downloaded via iTunes. This stripped-down version showcases a somber, reflective Craig Finn, backed by what certainly sounds like an accordion.

Again, my apologies for the erratic blog activity. I hope to get back to your regularly scheduled programming shortly, so bear with me a little longer.
| you're livin' in a f**kin' fantasy, woah »
| ranarock mpls, come get yo rawk on »
| we had a good time at the beginning »
| these are the parts of a terrible past »
| cough cough hack hack cough cough »
| from th' small place to a bigger city »
| things are easy, here in the usa »
| "dumb is dyin' when you ain't gotta" »
| mother's day grill-out extravaganza »

Blogger James H. @ 6/15/2005 09:00:00 AM:

It's nice to see you back. I was beginning to wonder if you disappeared on us :)    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 6/15/2005 09:49:00 AM:

i'm just looking forward to whatever you have to offer us, no rush.    


Blogger evan @ 6/15/2005 04:50:00 PM:

I love Hold Steady. Love your blog, too. If you like mine, I'd be cool with co-linking. Berkeleyplace.blogspot.com    


Blogger Hayden Jackson @ 6/15/2005 09:40:00 PM:

I was visiting a friend in L.A. a couple of weeks ago so I got to see The Russian Futurists on the tour before the "incident"...

H>    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 3/06/2024 09:55:00 AM:

golden goose outlet
golden goose outlet
westbrook shoes
hermes on sale
hermes
   


» Post a Comment