stop shopping, stop buying things




MP3 Ten Years After - "I'd Love To Change The World"
Yesterday I was over at Casa de Punk, who identified the rockin' song at the end of the Fahrenheit 9/11 trailer as this track by 60's psych-rockers Ten Years After, which can be found on the A Space in Time LP. It's great hippie, "what's wrong with our country" stuff, with a searing guitar solo that works really well with the quick-cutting visuals from Michael Moore's new documentary, in the theaters shortly. I'm looking forward to it.

MP3 Wilco - "Kicking Television"
Last summer, Wilco played "Kicking Television" during one of the encores @ Rock The Garden 2003 at Mpls' Walker Art Center (currently under expansion), and I recall it rocking myself & the garden quite effectively. So when I saw that the track was absent from the band's upcoming A Ghost is Born, I was a bit miffed. Despite Amazon's alluring offer to stream the track after pre-ordering online, I decided to "seek" out & "acquire" the track for myself. The recorded version isn't quite as good as I remembered, but I'm happy to hear it nonetheless. A Ghost is Born comes out a week from today.
| a scanner darkly update »
| when cameron was in egypt's land »
| what you talkin' bout, slava? »
| there is a fire in me, a fire that burns »
| daytime lovemaking, the naughty type »
| pull a rabbit from your top-hat »
| where you goin' little man? »
| fire that guy in the photo archives »
| god bless AAA plus »

Blogger "We will do and then we will obey" @ 6/15/2004 10:30:00 AM:

They played this at the Vic on Saturday night. I actually thought it was a cover when I first heard it (maybe another stooges track) but it was definately a great track to rock out to.    


» Post a Comment