this ain't no banana republic




Before you take off for a long weekend of iced tea, barbecue & paying tribute to our fallen troops, stop on by Howard Dean's Democracy For America and sign their petition to make sure that November's elections are on the level. The controversy over electronic voting machines is downright scary, so do a little somethng to help out those that are trying to make the system verifiable. Be a patriot, my lovelies.

For more info: Verified Voting, Black Box Voting, Electronic Frontier Foundation

MP3 American Analog Set - "Million Young"
I stumbled onto Austin TX's drone-pop heros the American Analog Set a couple years back based upon a recommendations list by Noah from Sam Champion. I picked up 2001's Know By Heart cold, and thank god I did. It's a great bedtime disc, it's a relaxing driving disc, and it's a heartbreakingly earnest disc. "Million Young" is probably the most rocking track on the album (or last year's follow-up Promise of Love, for that matter), and it's the track I used to put on mixes last year. It makes me smile.

bonus MP3 American Analog Set - "Hard To Find" from Promise of Love

MP3 The Killers - "Who Let You Go"
I had to "seek" out this track by Las Vegas' The Killers since it wasn't on the copy of the upcoming Hot Fuss I managed to get a hold of, but only on the sold out Mr. Brightside EP (as far as I can tell). If blog buzz is any indication, these indie rockers may just blow up this summer, so be on the lookout. "Who Let You Go" is bouncy, confident & bold - you have to respect a song that makes "sha-la-la-la" sound so athemic. I also love the following lyric:
So tell me that's fantastic
And promise me you'll always say
I find it so romantic
When you look into my beautiful eyes
And lose control

And with that folks, have a festive weekend.
| no jinx...no jinx...no jinx... »
| everything is cool, now that romeo is here »
| control for smilers can't be bought »
| whoa doc, this is heavy »
| the pit of ultimate darkness »
| thermals of mass destruction »
| suck on this, eisner »
| i love juice! »
| wolves 83, kings 80 »

Blogger Mateo @ 5/28/2004 10:07:00 AM:

New Killers!! Sweet! Time for me to fan the flames of hype! Thanks!    


Blogger Mark @ 5/28/2004 03:38:00 PM:

Is it me or has Island UK been dragging their ass on Killers material? I hear buzz about them all time, but damned if you can find any of their recorded music. Not even at Amoeba Records in LA (where I live). Get on the ball, folks, and press up some damn cds.

truly,
Music Robot Mark.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 5/28/2004 04:30:00 PM:

The Somebody Told Me "EP" is downloadable online & available at shows (I haven't seen it at the Electric Fetus here in Mpls), and the Hot Fuss LP is finally dropping stateside on June 14 (a week earlier if you're in England). I've been reading buzz on the net all spring (I saw them open for stellastarr* back in April; I doubt it will be that easy to see them for much longer), so it has felt like it's taken a while for the cd to come out. I wonder why Island is waiting until June to release it...    


Blogger Drift Financial Services @ 5/05/2021 01:47:00 AM:

Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this.
Web Development Company in Greater Noida
Software development company In Greater noida

Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Thanks for sharing this content.
CMS and ED
CMSED

Homoeopathic treatment for Psoriasis in greater noida
Kidney Disease Homoeopathy Doctor In Greater Noida
   


Blogger Drift Financial Services @ 5/05/2021 01:48:00 AM:

Good luck & keep writing such awesome content.
Best dental clinic in Faridabad

best child dentist in greater Noida
   


» Post a Comment