thermals of mass destruction



JRDN @ the Triple Rock Social Club, w/Slug from Atmosphere by the bar, 5/21/04

This past Friday nite, JRDN & I took in the early all ages Thermals set @ the Triple Rock. The Portland, OR trio did not disappoint during their 40 minutes-or-so on stage, so here are a couple worthwhile tracks from their new album (released 5/18/04). I just have to love a band that puts "profanity" in their album title - don't you?

MP3 The Thermals - "Our Trip"
The opening track from F**kin A gets things off to a rockin' start, showing no signs of straying from the driving lo-fi power-punk formula that made last year's More Parts Per Million such a tasty treat. A thrashing, yet simple ode to self-sufficiency (w/a take-no-sh** attitude).

MP3 The Thermals - "God & Country"
I couldn't help myself - I bought a Thermals t-shirt at the show. It was yellow, with a rocket slamming into a red blot-like explosion, "the thermals of mass destruction" written out in messy black typeface. I could not resist. So this is their rant on politics & religion, I suppose. I'm not sure I could bring myself to actually "pray for assassination" - but that's just me.





i've been listening to...
Broken Social Scene's You Forgot It In People, on repeat, all weekend, again
| i love juice! »
| wolves 83, kings 80 »
| let's get gay married!!! »
| pac manhattan »
| nyc barbecue benefit this saturday »
| bush-hating @ its best »
| tap in »
| finally...rock is back! »
| Wolves 114, Kings 113 (OT) »

» Post a Comment