everything is cool, now that romeo is here


MP3 Blackalicious - "First in Flight"
I picked up Blackalicious' 2002 major label debut Blazing Arrow somewhat randomly shortly after its release, having heard a little bit about them from somewhere and liking the disc artwork a lot. Plus, what a great title! JRDN knows more about them, the Quannum crew, & really all things hip-hop than I do, & he was kind enough to supply me w/their earlier Nia LP as well. Thanks, buddy. "First in Flight" was the first track on the album to really grab my attention two years ago, & it's still one of my favorite hip-hop tracks in general.

MP3 Tom Waits - "Romeo is Bleeding"
I was at kind of a loss this morning of what to post today, but Tom Waits is always a good fallback position. This track comes from 1978's Blue Valentine & has always been a favorite Waits track for me since I stumbled upon him in college & proceeded to buy every Waits cd I could get my hands on. "Romeo is Bleeding" has a deadly cool shuffle to it, and it manages to feature a sax without sounding cheesy. Waits paints a word picture like no one else, & here he creates a perfect doomed James Dean vision in my mind. I love it...Tom Waits is the coolest man alive. He's readying a new LP for release this fall, so be on the lookout.

BTW: Said The Gramaphone has a great Killers track that I nearly posted today & does a nice write-up about it. Ch-ch-check it out, yo.
| whoa doc, this is heavy »
| the pit of ultimate darkness »
| thermals of mass destruction »
| suck on this, eisner »
| i love juice! »
| wolves 83, kings 80 »
| let's get gay married!!! »
| pac manhattan »
| nyc barbecue benefit this saturday »

» Post a Comment