fox cancels arrested...OH COME ON!




Yes, it's been another two week hiatus, but I'm too angry to apologize for it.

It seems as if the f**kers over at Fox have finally shoved their heads entirely up their asses, resulting in the immensely tragic episode cutback (from 22 to 13) & eventual cancellation of TV's best comedy (as I've said many times), Arrested Development (whose promising Monday nite partner Kitchen Confidential was also cutback to 13 eps). I'm just finding this out, as Stereogum tipped me off to the unfortunate news (via Elites TV) this afternoon. Defamer linked to a Hollywood Reporter piece announcing the Bluths' demise, after noting the 3rd season cutback yesterday reported by Variety. As the news quickly spreads, the internets have responded with understandible shock & horror, while folks over at The O.P. wonder if there could be some long-shot way to salvage my favorite comedy.

I still stick to my previous pledge that if Arrested Development is really dead, and cannot be revived on another network (I'm looking at you HBO, and I think another network is desperate for a quality sitcom), I am done with Fox. I don't care if I have to give up the continually riveting Prison Break or the upcoming 5th season of 24 or the (albeit declining) guilty pleasure of The O.C. - I refuse to have anything to do with any television network that would dare to cancel such an incredible & acclaimed show.

If you haven't already, go pick up season one & two on dvd immediately. You won't be sorry. I'll be watching them once I get back from the jobby-job tonite, as I begin the grieving process by softly crying myself to sleep...

ETA: The depressing reality of it has set in now. I feel sick. Ugh.

Quick rant: As has been noted elsewhere, AD gets moved to Monday nites, airs three episodes before taking an entire month off for the baseball playoffs, and gets canned just days after its first nite back (albeit with back-to-back episodes). Way to build an audience, Fox. Take your two most promising comedies (KC had some promising critical buzz), stick them in one of the week's weakest timeslots, give them no real time to develop an audience, can them both because Prison Break doesn't have a strong enough lead-in & promote the f**k out of some other piece of detritus that exemplifies the worst in sitcom hackery (which remains on the schedule).

Good f**king work there, Fox. Well f**king done. F**kity f**k f**k.

[pardon my rage]

MP3 Europe - "The Final Countdown"
Well, there are just eight new episodes left, which won't begin airing until December 5th - after November sweeps. And so the true final countdown begins, just as Europe predicted. From the 1986 album of the same name. I will never hear this song without thinking of Will Arnett flamboyantly peforming G.O.B.'s ridiculous magic act. Sniff, sniff...oh, the memories.
| king of france + durant + mpls = :) »
| go crazy? don't mind if i do! »
| our bodies bigger, hearts torn up »
| cause nothin's hid, from us kids »
| uproot it without tears & change it »
| another year of bluth family fun, me »
| yr sanity & wits, they will all vanish »
| four years later (wtf do we do now?) »
| shock & awe (for real this time) »

Blogger muruch @ 11/11/2005 08:14:00 PM:

How does a work of comedic genius like Arrested Development get axed by the same network that shows shit like Stacked? Fox is a stupid bastard of a network.    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/12/2005 03:55:00 PM:

SIGN THE PETITION!!!! http://www.petitiononline.com/GOBLUTH/petition.html    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/12/2005 08:28:00 PM:

Some of my less murderous thoughts exactly. Utter twattage. The best show on TV gets canned because Fox can't figure out how to promote a show that isn't geared to halftards and fuckwits.

"Ta-da!"    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/13/2005 11:16:00 PM:

man, i'm dying to hear if hbo or nbc is going to pick it up. keeping my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 11/14/2005 04:55:00 PM:

are you kidding me, kevin???

i know it may be difficult to hand over yr cash to fox, but don't deny yourself the dvds. we have to enjoy whatever arrested we can get our hands on, because it will soon be in limited supply.

i'm sure the show would like to sell some dvds too.

do not hesitate.    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/18/2005 08:12:00 AM:

That show is not that funny, man - get over it.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 11/19/2005 04:55:00 AM:

blasphemy.    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/22/2005 05:26:00 PM:

Hey, I don't know what kind of control you have over the ads you get served, but The Big Ticket has been afflicted by some non-charming possibly fake "spyware cleaner" pop-ups lately.

PS: Arrested Development is v. v. funny, but I have to admit I'm part of the reason the ratings are low.    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 11/24/2005 05:18:00 PM:

dude, i have no clue. it's just hosted by blogger. dunno.

i'll look into it if i get a chance.    


Blogger S.A. Small @ 12/03/2005 11:17:00 PM:

Thank you for your powerful words, sir. You hit the nail precisely on the motherfuking head.    


» Post a Comment