our bodies bigger, hearts torn up


Very little time (once again) this morning, but I wanted to get my pix up from last nite's First Avenue shows. JRDN & I first hit up the Arcade Fire / Wolf Parade / The Bell Orchestre tripleheader in the mainroom before going next door for another one in the Entry featuring an Aussie sandwich of Architecture in Helsinki & New Buffalo, with Philly's (I think) Dr. Dog as the tasty meet in between. JRDN missed Dr. Dog after getting a last minute hook-up at the Fine Line to catch the much ballyhooed Mpls debut of M.I.A.. I met local blogger Lee Dinosaur in Trouble (who recognized me, odd) at the first show, and I also ran into Kyle More Cowbell. Anyway, there's no time for a full recap now, but I'll get to it ASAP. FWIW, good times were had.





















| uproot it without tears & change it »
| another year of bluth family fun, me »
| yr sanity & wits, they will all vanish »
| four years later (wtf do we do now?) »
| shock & awe (for real this time) »
| saturday nite now 3 x more awesome »
| howling at the moon, nite after nite »
| dogs were barking, monkeys clapping »
| there's a war on, you're gonna lose »

Anonymous Anonymous @ 9/30/2005 08:39:00 PM:

Anyone got set lists for wolf parade, or architecture in brisbane?

MIA was way too crowded and she had the flu, but all and all still a great time.    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 9/30/2005 08:41:00 PM:

or was that architecture in sydney?    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 9/30/2005 11:02:00 PM:

nice pix, christopher.

yeah, i think i must have been right behind you. odd.

anyway, updates to come over the weekend...    


» Post a Comment