bonjour...comment allez vous?


I am still recovering from the results of this past week's election. Yesterday was actually worse than the day before, as I could barely lift my legs to do the walking necessary to get from here to there. I guess the reality of it all must have finally set in for me on a gut level. Ugh (I'm repeating myself).

MP3 Black Leotard Front - "Casual Friday"
I've been struggling to come up with the energy to blog again, but my inability to sleep through the nite helped to quell my laziness a bit, and this track just screamed out to be included in a week-ending post (for obvious reasons). It's the first track off DFA Records' (whose site seems to be down at the moment) new Compilation #2, and it is a fifteen minute juggernaut of oddball dance grooves that just oozes giggly sexiness. Pitchfork does a great job of describing it, and I'm not going to try to top them (also check out the Stylus review of the fantastic 3CD set). Enjoy your casual shabbat!

ETA: Telephone Thing described this track as "pervy," which is spot on.

WMV Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Me & Mia" video
I found this simple yet great music video for the leadoff track from Ted Leo's essential Shake The Sheets album about a week ago, but hadn't gotten a chance to post about it due to recent national events. Credit goes to Frank Chromewaves, who beat me to the punch. The video is being hosted by Ted's label, Lookout Records, which also features the video via RAM Real.

Soviet Panda also tipped me off to the new video from British sensations Franz Ferdinand for their latest single - "This Fire" - which is the hotness.



Not to be missed this weekend is the second season premiere of Arrested Development, the funniest show on television IMO. Fox is now airing the Emmy-winning show at 8:30pm ET, after the latest Treehouse of Horror installment from The Simpsons. Sunday nites just got a whole lot better. For more on AD, be sure to check out the best fansite I've run across, the witty folks over at The OP. Want to catch up? Get the season one dvd.

In the midst of all the electoral madness, I've been completely ignoring the return of the NBA. I went with my folks to the Wolves home opener on Wednesday nite, and I didn't even realize that it was the regular season yet. Suffice it to say, KG was his usual dominant self & his squad pulled out a sloppy, yet respectable 99-93 win over the Knicks, though they fell to Denver on Thursday, losing 94-92 in overtime. And apparently both Spree & Sam are having contract disputes, but I really have little time to spend on millionaires whining about their inflated salaries - especially after this week.


New season, still the best player on the planet. Go ahead, tell him otherwise.

BTW: I know a lot of the sidebar stuff needs semi-massive updating, & I'll attempt to get some work done on it over the next couple of days. Enjoy your weekend folks, or at least try to (I know it may be a little tough).
| there's a whole lot of walking to do »
| 2:15am, election nite '04 »
| music bloggers for democracy »
| how 'bout my local news (who knew) »
| f**k the curse, you friggin' idiots »
| the night is just hummin' »
| i will be your screech & crash »
| whatever blue means to you »
| your instincts aren't good enough! »

Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/05/2004 06:10:00 PM:

That Ted Leo video rocks. I love the fact that he doesn't need any gimmicks in a video. Its straight up rocking. Thanks for posting a link to that. Good stuff. The new disc is amazing, just like the previous releases.    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/05/2004 06:10:00 PM:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    


» Post a Comment