another morning stoner



Soiled paper tells a story: a Trail of Dead setlist, before and after the show.

I've been meaning to post these digital pix from the ear-shredding ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead show that I went to at the Triple Rock on Mischief Nite (aka 10/30/04) for a while now, so today's a good a day as any to do so. I caught a Ben Kweller/Unicorns double-bill over at the f**king Quest earlier that same evening, but this was truly the main event.



MP3 ...The Trail of Dead - "Will You Smile Again"
I forgot to bring my earplugs - big mistake. As soon as the Trail of Dead launched into this sprawling opener, the second track from the Austin TX band's forthcoming Worlds Apart LP (due out in January), I knew my hearing was in for an all-out rawk assault for the next hour plus. My ears are sore just thinking about it. This was my first time seeing these guys, & I was only mildly surprised to learn that they carry two drummers, which you might guess by the thundering beats that open this song.



MP3 ...The Trail of Dead - "And The Rest Will Follow"
The band played a decent amount of new material during their Triple Rock gig, including this particularly anthemic & memorable tune (also off Worlds Apart). They also played plenty of stuff off of their older albums like 1999's Madonna & 2002's Source Tags & Codes, which garnered the ever-elusive Pitchfork 10.0 rating. All in all, it was kick ass (and very loud) show that impressed the heck out of me. I'm bringing my ear plugs next time.



BTW: One last bit of wisdom that I took from that Mischief Nite - pirates make for a great group costume. Have a solid weekend, people. ARGH!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

| [ilb]'s top 40 bands in america »
| just a quickie (on a monday morn) »
| your parents will hate it »
| and i try and i try, to no avail »
| my complete lack of originality »
| get your blog on - the movie »
| bonjour...comment allez vous? »
| how're you gonna save the world... »
| there's a whole lot of walking to do »

Blogger mr gilbert @ 11/19/2004 04:14:00 PM:

i'm a dork.

i typed in the wrong name for the trail of dead album...twice.

fixing it...    


Blogger Adi @ 11/11/2009 08:05:00 PM:

Find Internet Marketing resource hare Online Marketing Strategy | Internet Marketing Tools | Online Marketing Campaign | Online Marketing Business | Online Marketing System | Online Business | Online Home Business | Online Business Tips | Internet Marketing Online    


Blogger Adi @ 11/30/2009 11:30:00 PM:

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa    


» Post a Comment