and three whole years passed by




It's been almost three months since I began writing this post, which was to commemorate the third blogiversary here @ The Big Ticket (previous years' posts: 2005 & 2006), but the ensuing craziness that has come with moving into a new apartment this month (COUGARS!) & the delay in getting proper internets set up there has kept me from actually getting around to finishing it. But today is the day, it has to be. So let's celebrate!

MP3 Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - "The Birthday Party"
From Grandmaster Flash's Message From Beat Street best of disc.



From La Blogoteque's abfab Take Away Shows series comes this simple yet cinematic birthday tune from Swedish troubadour Jens Lekman (the song is off his 2004 album, When I Said I Wanted To Be Your Dog). The quiet, more somber tone of this song, played to an empty room, probably gives a better impression of my approach to finally returning to finish this post. I regret abandoning the blog for so long, but alas life sometimes gets in the way.

MP3 Tweeds - "I Need That Record"
This high energy track from some band called Tweeds leads off the solid Numero power-pop compilation Yellow Pills: Prefill, and it's a pretty decent sonic representation of that desperate, all-consuming need to hear the latest music, see the newest movies & tv etc that preoccupies media junkies like yours truly and propels us to express our excitement/emotioins about it - in my case through this now semi-fallow website that I've managed to keep running into its fourth year of existence. And honestly, I really want to get it back up & running on a regular basis more than just about anything right now.

Since I last wrote on this blog, the Channel 101 VH1 offshoot Acceptable.TV has already come and gone (though rumblings about a possible second season are encouraging). I am dumbfounded that I could have kept quiet about a project I was so excited about for so long, but alas that's what happened. It's frustrating. I often have a lot of trouble moving from 0 to 1, getting started & following through, a topic well-covered by zefrank at the start of the show's final week (the day after my blog b-day):



So while this isn't the perfect, well-thought out & thematically well-written post that I probably imagined/hoped it would be, I've decided to just put it up nonetheless. Yeah, I could have gone more in-depth on zefrank's musings on creativity, and possibly tied that to the interactive & inventive stuff going on at Channel 101 @ Acceptable.TV, and finally brought it all together to express my renewed hopes for this blog & my work on it, but then I probably would have stayed stuck on 0 like I have for nearly three months, biding my time until I finally got around to working it all out. So here it is, sloppy as hell, but at least it's something new, even if it's also kinda old.



MP3 Bishop Allen - "Click Click Click Click"
The nite preceding my blog b-day, I went by my lonesome to see NYC indie pop outfit Bishop Allen @ Triple Rock, which was good times indeed (hell, I bought all 12 of their 2006 monthly EP's). There are some more pix from the show @ my Flickr, but none of them are too astounding. Tonite I'm off to the Triple Rock again, this time to see the re-united original line-up of Dinosaur Jr with Anita, and I'll do my best to take some more dynamic photos this time around (assuming I can get up front without a major hassle). I don't know when I'll be able to get those pix uploaded or manage to post a re-cap of the show, as my internet situation is still in limbo, but I'll do my best not to be absent for so long again...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

| sounds great, except for the vh1 part »
| olbermann breaks down condi »
| bigtix07 »
| olbermann on escalation, sacrifice »
| yeah, that's the ticket! 2k6 »
| best live band working period »
| morning in america (whew) »
| olbermann on today's election »
| bigtix06 »

Anonymous Average Joe @ 5/31/2007 12:53:00 PM:

3 years already?!? Keep up the great work and I hope you're not without us for too much longer!    


Anonymous netlog @ 12/24/2008 05:53:00 AM:

netlog    


Anonymous Cheap mp3 downloads @ 1/16/2009 11:11:00 AM:

great link thanks    


Anonymous chat @ 1/17/2009 03:48:00 AM:

thanks    


Anonymous turkchat @ 1/17/2009 03:49:00 AM:

thanks    


Anonymous chat siteleri @ 1/17/2009 03:50:00 AM:

thanks    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 10/09/2009 03:19:00 AM:

Thanks for sharing.
Assignments | book reports | Buy Term Paper    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 10/09/2009 03:19:00 AM:

great post, i really appreciate it.
Buy Essay | writing help    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 10/15/2009 05:28:00 PM:

酒店打工

酒店兼職

台北酒店

打工兼差

酒店工作

酒店經紀

禮服酒店

酒店兼差

酒店上班

酒店PT

酒店

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味

喝酒    


Blogger sexy1689 @ 11/09/2009 02:10:00 AM:

1
戀人,色情小說|
情趣影片,
維克斯|
情色影片|
模特兒,愛衣朵拉模特兒|伊莉,
好極情趣購物網,
愛情,就是愛放電,色情網站|
愛愛貼圖,
情趣貼圖|

情趣椅,成人用品|
愛情故事,情趣內衣|

情趣小說,情趣商店,一葉情|

情趣用,情色貼片|

內衣模特兒寫真,內衣模特兒寫真,情色論壇|

情趣用品網,情色貼圖|
情人節套餐,色情|
Plus,台灣情色網|
伊林模特兒寫真,情人趣味用品,

2
大穴情色模特兒,情色小遊戲,
日本模特兒寫真,色情圖片,
情色自拍,情色自拍,
情趣遊戲,色情漫畫,
情人節禮物,


浪漫,
..,.,
.,.,.,.,    


Blogger Adi @ 11/27/2009 06:34:00 PM:

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa    


Blogger dfadf @ 10/16/2010 03:29:00 AM:

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/30/2010 04:14:00 AM:

She will have to clear his belongings. book report writing | thesis writing    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/30/2010 04:27:00 AM:

She will have to clear his belongings. book report writing | coursework writing    


Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/01/2011 11:51:00 AM:

Nike Free 3.0 womens shoes sale,
Nike Free Run plus 2 2011 style shoes
Nike free run plus shoe for sale,
Nike free run womens cheap on sale,
Cheap Nike free run shoes Australia,
Nike free run shoes Australia collection,
Nike free 2011 style shoes.    


Blogger Willie Sager @ 7/08/2013 08:52:00 AM:

Nice post with awesome points! Can’t wait for the next one.

HP - Pavilion Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Black

HP - 14.5" ENVY Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black

   


Anonymous jaring safety @ 11/25/2015 09:32:00 PM:

The article posted was very informative and useful
thanks for sharing..
jaring futsal | jaring golf | jaring kassa / jaring polynet | jaring pengaman proyek | jaring pengaman bangunan | jaring pengaman gedung | jaring gawang | jaring paranet / jaring tanaman | jaring safety |
jaring proyek | jaring bangunan | jaring gedung | jaring outbound | jaring truk | tali tambang |
jaring pengaman | jaring golf murah | jaring futsal murah | jaring truk sawit | jaring pengaman nylon | cargo net |
   


Blogger hoa pikey @ 5/24/2016 09:23:00 PM:

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this fiel
A good blog. Thanks for sharing the information. It is very useful for my future. keep sharing
Signature:
Red Ball | red ball 2 | Red Ball 3 | Red Ball 4 | duck life
Flash Games| Tank trouble | happy wheels |
Slitherio | Slither io
   


Blogger Alice Taylor @ 7/31/2017 08:19:00 PM:

Very interesting! Thanks you

http://word-cookies-answers.com    


» Post a Comment