the state of the blog is...in flux


MP3 Sprites - "I Started a Blog That Nobody Read"
Here's a funny-yet-kinda-sad song about (generic) blogs gone unread from indie Brit-poppers Sprites, previously featured by The Catbirdseat (included in their August mix), Stereogum & CYSTSFTS. From the 2006 full-length Modern Gameplay, which I picked up from Darla recently.

In just a matter of hours, I will be off to the airport & on to Texas, traveling down south with the fam to attend my cousin Becky's wedding this weekend. But first, a few random notes & links on the state of this blog etc...

In case you hadn't noticed, I finally updated my local showlist & made it a wee bit interactive with the help of Eventful, which allows comments, pix, links etc on each show page & more. If you like, feel free to join "The Big Ticket" group to keep tabs on upcoming (or past) Mpls shows a bit more directly. I also updated the blogroll some, particularly the MP3 blog section - which seems to always be expanding. There are so many music bloggers out there doing such great work right now, it's easy to see how I've had trouble staying on top of the latest hotness, let alone find the time to provide quality content myself.

In anticipation of eventually (perhaps) dumping my .Mac account (which I've been pondering ever since they started cracking down on bandwidth a few months ago), I've changed the primary contact e-mail for this blog (listed in the sidebar) to thebigticketblog@gmail.com, which should match up nicely with the URL I'm planning to shift to onceI eventually make the jump to Blogger Beta. FWIW, the .mac address is still active & should be for a while.

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

I snapped the above pix a few recent local shows (more @ my Flickr via clicky).

MP3 Annie - "The Wedding (Lindstrom remix)"
I'm pretty much bolting out the door, so let me leave you with this hand-clappy Lindstrom remix track in honor of my cousin Becky's upcoming nuptuals. From Swedish popstress Annie's DJ-Kicks EP, available via iTunes. Toodles.
| unintentional rightwing humor »
| holy f**k, are you kidding me? »
| olbermann on clinton interview »
| twenty eight f**king years »
| olbermann: bush owes an apology »
| olbermann on bush/ground zero »
| olbermann on bush/nazis/media »
| bigtix05 »
| olbermann on rumsfeld/fascism »

Anonymous Anonymous @ 10/20/2006 12:19:00 PM:

updated sidebar looks tight!

i'm in the process of redoing ours as well    


Blogger mr gilbert @ 10/30/2006 01:43:00 AM:

angie (aka mitchell, is "crumrine" your new last name?) -

gimme a little credit for at least some humanity...

actually labeling a link "R.I.P." suggests a dead site, not an actual dead person!!! ay carumba. perhaps i need to change that tag to "retired" or something.

"strategy" is a major?

digits headed your way shortly, via the email...    


Blogger Tage @ 3/01/2007 07:29:00 AM:

Nah, Annie is actually Norwegian bro. Big difference! :)    


» Post a Comment