shot rock-splitter to god!!


MP3 The Wrens - "Hopeless"





New Jersey's The Wrens kicked out the jams at the 7th Street Entry last night, and good times were had. I was flying solo at the show, which allowed me ample time to knock back a few PBR's (which used to be $2/can, but is now $2.25 dammit) and call a couple out of state chums. Luckily I caught JB at home, and he filled me in on recent events involving dodgeball tournaments & how Andy "Boom Boom" Knauer is teaching his high school students made up film/video terminology ("to keep it interesting"). Hee hee hee...

The Wrens came on just before midnight (fellow labelmates Bottom of the Hudson opened) and surprised me with how freakin' loud they were. For a band that's been together 14 years (read here for more info), the really rocked out hard. They launched into "Per Second Second" (lyric=post title), and then plowed through "Everyone Chooses Sides" - which was one of my top ten songs of 2003. The set really flew by, as they mixed in a couple tracks from 1995's Secaucus with material from their much lauded 2003 comeback album, The Meadowlands. I was up front for most of the show, but I moved to the back towards the end to salvage my hearing a bit. I was home by 2am. Good times...

next up: The Hold Steady (new band of Craig Finn (formerly of LFTR PLLR) @ Triple Rock on Monday 3/15 (AA) doors @ 6pm $8
| mess with the bull, you get the horns »
| now hear this »
| neat-o phot-os! »
| the rock returns to mpls »
| catch up with dave, b**ch!! »
| and so it begins. »
| contact »

» Post a Comment